Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Looking for a new manual

I am looking for a more inclusive reloading manual. I currently have the nosler manual that came with my rcbs kit but it leave a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    lyman 50th, and the hornady 9th would be great additions. you can also grab caliber specific manuals if you wanted to go that route. another great resource to be able to referance is www.loaddata.com. it costs to be a member, but it has tons of loads for different calibers all from different sources.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks I'll have to check out load data. I'd love a web based source because I always have my phone with me.

Title
    what bullets do you use the most?What powders? Alliant will send you a free book if you go to their website. Hodgdon data is free online.
    Use kindle on your phone and buy the Kindle version of the Hornady manual and the Lyman manual for $19.99 each.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Administrator
    Lee is a good one, and the Hornady 10th is pretty good. I have no less than 10, and I grab new ones when they come out

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    Lee is a good one, and the Hornady 10th is pretty good. I have no less than 10, and I grab new ones when they come out
    No doubt. I learned Nosler lets you download the individual sections for free after I bought the book. I have at least 2 of each except the Lee book
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Administrator
    And the Accurate Arms Online reloading data is HUGE!!!!
    Try that one for sure, it is a combination of most of the books out there

Title
    Premium Member
    Right now I'm loading 9mm berrys hybrid hollow points and will probably use those as well when I get around to loading 45acp. Have some published info for the berrys but nothing on the hollow point. I'm trying to stay away from the "brand name" hollow points due to price. I bought a single caliber book for 9mm and was able to figure it out from there. If I have to buy one of those for each caliber I load so be it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I tend to use the Hornady and Lee manuals the most because they have the most info for the bullets and powder I use. I also often check the Hodgdon website. Both manuals are available at Cabelas, Amazon, and some Walmarts for a decent price.

Title
    Premium Member

Looking for a new manual

Quote Originally Posted by TracyG View Post
    I learned Nosler lets you download the individual sections for free after I bought the book.
    I kind of like having the Nosler book around anyhow. A bit quicker to just grab it off the shelf and look-up something.

Also have the Hornady 10th Edition next to it.

Need/Want the Barnes book.